The leader in dynamic and collaborative nursing education.
Providing visionary leadership in nursing education to improve the health and wellbeing of our communities.
Equity & Inclusion • Authenticity • Visionary • Excellence & Innovation
• Education: Advance the promotion of best practices in nursing education and academic progression.
• Advocacy: Ensure Associate Degree Nursing’s voice in education and health care.
• Leadership: Develop leaders to promote meaningful change.
• Inclusivity: Leverage the diversity of Associate Degree Nursing Education to foster inclusion in health care.
• Collaboration: Promote Associate Degree Nursing quality, education and practice through collaboration with a diverse group of stakeholders.
• Advancing the membership
• Advocating for nursing education
• Promoting collaboration
Recognized nationally as the voice and advocate for Associate Degree Nursing, OADN’s mission is to provide visionary leadership in nursing education to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities we serve. By fostering dynamic and collaborative nursing education strategies, OADN ensures that the Associate Degree Nursing remains a pathway for a diverse spectrum of students, enriching the profession, and meeting the health care needs of patients, families, and communities.
All associate degree nurses should have access to pursue additional nursing education. OADN promotes academic progression of graduates in furthering education to reach their maximum professional potential. A core OADN value, collaboration facilitates the unity of the nursing profession. OADN welcomes partnerships and collaboration with the other national nursing organizations to support academic progression in nursing, leadership, and improvements in healthcare practice and delivery. OADN continues to disseminate information and provide an arena for collegial networking to those who are passionate about nursing education.