Print this page
Apr 12 2017


Members of the Organization for Associate Degree Nursing (OADN) were surveyed about their institutions’ academic progression involvement.   The data was collected from September 14th to October 9th, 2015.  There were 179 respondents with 37 states represented.  Illinois (13%), Texas (9.66%), Arkansas (8.5%), Ohio (6.25%) were the states with the highest response.  

  • The majority of respondents indicated their college was involved in some level of academic progression activity.

    The traditional method of articulation agreements between the community college and university – 2+2 arrangement was the most common method of academic progression (75%).  

    Nearly 1/3 of respondents indicated there were no barriers to their work in academic progression. Of those who indicated barriers, university resistance and lack of resources were the most commonly cited concerns.

    Only 10% of the respondents indicated their community college confers a BSN degree.  Of the remaining 90% of colleges not awarding BSN degrees, nearly 64% of the respondents indicated there was interest in implementing BSN degrees.

    Legislation barriers and university resistance were the most commonly cited barriers to the community colleges being able to award BSN degrees.

    Based upon the free text responses, it appears there are increasing levels of student awareness of academic progression options and opportunities.

If you have questions about this information please contact OADN CEO Donna Meyer, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Read 2887 times