Educational Conference: Humanity 101 in the Workplace with Dr. Neal Lester, author of multiple publications with extensive experience in public service and public speaking on bringing diverse, multidisciplinary, multicultural, and multigenerational individuals and communities together to talk, listen and connect.
Sponsored by FCNEA/FOADN
June 16, 2017 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (program starts 9:00 am)
Valencia College, West Campus, Orlando, FL
1. Engage participants in critical conversations about privilege and bias.
2. Equip participants with tools to allow them to better address social injustices in the world.
3. Demonstrate how intersecting systems of privilege operate in our everyday lives and become perils or perks for individuals.
4. Promote and celebrate community building through an exploration and understanding of American culture.
5. Connect issues of diversity with Humanity 101 principles and the reality of a shared humanity.
6. Connect everyday awareness of privilege and bias with workplace experience, culture, and performance.
Registration Fee: $50 per person for members (Nursing faculty of FCNEA programs); $75 per person for non-members. Registration for Non-Members will open June 1, 2017
Deadline for Registration: June 13, 2017
Continental Breakfast and Lunch included.
CEU’s provided for RNs only.