Applications are being accepted through May 14, 2021 for the Associate Editor position of the official journal of the Organization for Associate Degree Nursing (OADN).
Teaching and Learning in Nursing is the official journal of, and is wholly owned by, the Organization for Associate Degree Nursing (OADN). The Journal is published by Elsevier Publishers, Philadelphia, PA.
Teaching and Learning in Nursing (TELN) Associate Editor Position Description
Reports to: Journal Editor, Members of the Editorial Board, OADN Board of Directors, and OADN’s Chief Executive Officer
Term of Contract: 2 years with option to renew every two years in consultation with Editor
Compensation: The Associate Editor will receive an annual stipend of $1000.00, paid in quarterly, and a complimentary registration for the OADN Annual Convention.
- Registered Nurse, Master’s Degree required; Doctoral degree preferred.
- Publication experience with at least one peer-referred nursing publication.
- Demonstrate editorial experience (previous experience as a reviewer for a referred nursing journal or extensive experience reviewing original research as a nursing faculty member) and an interest in growing in the editor role.
- Ability to appraise quantitative and qualitive research.
- Commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Experience as a faculty member/ administrator in a nursing program. Experience in an associate degree nursing program is preferred.
- Individual membership in OADN and completion of the Elsevier Peer Review course is required in appointed.
- Works closely with editor to determine the scope and mission of the journal.
- Offers suggestions for content, members of the editorial board, and reviewers.
- Moves specific journal submissions through the editorial and production process in consultation with the editor.
- Supports the Editor in Chief in overall journal management, particularly with soliciting and reviewing manuscripts, authors, and reviewers.
- Participates in editorial board meetings and journal planning efforts.
- Assists the editor in the day-to-day operations of Teaching and Learning in Nursing, assume full editorial responsibilities in emergency situations due to editor’s absence, and submit one editorial annually as requested by editor for one journal issue.
- Assists with special issue development and journal education.
- The associate editor agrees not to perform editorial activities for any other journal that may reasonably be considered as being in competition with TELN.
- The parties agree that this does not prohibit the associate editor from acting as a reviewer or participating in editorial boards for other journals.
Please submit a letter of interest and CV by May 14, 2021 to Dr. Anna Valdez firstname.lastname@example.org